Monday, November 18, 2013

Wrapping things up for the holidays

I am in finishing mode.  If yiu're a runner, you know what I mean.  The finish is in site and I've got energy left, so let's get there!!!  This week we are going to wrap up the Human Body.  We are going to start and finish our small unit on US Geography.  We are going to finish the first lesson of subtraction.  We are going to take on a couple of tall tales and be done with that section.  I am so excited that all of this can be finished up by Friday so that we can sit back, relax, and enjoy more than a week of vacation for our Thanksgiving Holiday.  I am planning to put my feet (with their fancy polished toes) up and let the swelling go down!  Thanks to my sweet friend, Amanda, I had an awesome pedicure and some good old-fashioned girl time yesterday.  Thanks to Dr. Ed and Lisa, our kids got some much needed attention on Saturday morning and an awesome playdate.  Thanks to my super husband (of 8 years tomorrow), I had a lot of time off my feet this weekend and actual time to rest.  Throw all that together with some nesting and we are cruising to the holidays.  I'm going to try to tackle some small things in the month of December for school, but let's face it, every school in America-public, private, charter, home, etc- will be in holiday mode after Thanksgiving.  It's time for making Christmas crafts, singing Christmas carols, and reading Christmas stories.  If I were teaching public school, we'd just substitute the word "holiday" for Christmas.  It's a great time to review and have fun without too much stress.  We have no idea what our Christmas break will be like, so there is no need to start any new big project.  We are going to desperately need a routine when January rolls around, so it's okay to loosen things up for a couple of weeks.  The major assignment of Ingram School for the month of December will be to keep Baxter from coming early!!!

1 comment: