Thursday, January 2, 2014

Let me tell you about our new student!

I couldn't sleep last night.  I was feeling achy and I went to the bathroom so many times, I was starting to wonder if my water was leaking (I think it's called a slow trickle).  Allen couldn't sleep either.  We started talking about what we were going to do with the kids and how many sick days he had and all of that.  He finally just got up and took a shower because it was really looking like Baxter would be enrolling in Ingram School today.  While he was showering, Ford ran in the room saying he'd had a super scary dream about Snow White sneaking up on him!  He snuggled in with me and we all eventually got an hour or two of sleep.  Allen decided to go in and leave sub plans.  I called Barbara's office to see if she could check me instead of going to the hospital.  I really didn't want to wait and wait just to be sent home.  We got everybody dressed, brushed teeth, to the potty, and headed out to Barbara's.  Allen took the kids to a new park nearby while they started to hook me up to the monitors.  Before I could get hooked up, Barbara came in, said I was dilated at 4 cm and called the hospital to let them know we were coming.  I called Allen and they had just pulled in to the parking lot, so I rode home with them to meet Baba at our house.  Allen and I left for the hospital and were checked in around 10 AM.  I wasn't really doing much or feeling much but after Barbara broke my water, things started going quickly.  I got an epidural but it was only working on one side, sothere was a lot of stress and pain until we finally got it working.  Then the nurse checked me and immediately went to get Barbara.  She came in, got Allen dressed, got herself ready, and I was pushing.  Apparently when they checked me, he was already crowning and I didn't know a thing!  Baxter Tharrington Ingram was born at 12:57 weighing 8 lbs, 8 oz, and was 21inches.  He has a full head of hair just like Ford.  He loves being sprawled out like Rachel.  He can cry as loud or louder than Ruby.  He's also got his own little look and his own little personality.  He is so sweet.  He didn't need any help eating (which he's been doing nonstop).  He already has a huge fan club!  These kids love their little brother!  Ruby is so excited to be a big sister and Ford is so excited to have a brother.  Rachel just wants him to hurry home so she can change his diapers!  He's got a little jaundice so we might stay another night, but other than that he's a healthy handsome little guy.
We've also had some awesome visitors.  Uncle Hobo just happened to be in town today with his camera, so he was able to come get some awesome pictures.  Lisa was helping out with the kids, but Ed came to check on him and hang out for a little while.  Tom came by for a prayer and to check him out.  GG came to see her namesake and Busy One came to get her baby fix.  It's been a great day and noe, hopefully, we'll get some rest!
Welcome to the world, Baby Baxtie Bax Baxter!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I didn't know you were having another little one!!! Congrats!!! Hope you are doing well....miss you guys and think about all the fun times we had :)

    Clara

    ReplyDelete