Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2014

While I continue to wait around on this sweet baby to enter the world, I thought I'd post my New Year's Resolutions.  Making them public seems to help with the actual follow through.  I want to keep things simple this year and I have come up with two goals to reach by the end of the year.  I figure every month I'll need to rethink and reevaluate the means to the end, so there's no need to have a long, detailed plan.  Just goals.  And here they are:
1.  Pay off the remainder of our consumer debt (and be done owing anybody money).  This is a goal we've been working on for 5 years (because the debts were that huge) and the end is finally in sight!!
2.  Complete a half marathon.  I expect that some time in February I'll be ready to get back to running and it's going to be a long, slow process, but I feel sure that by the end of the year I will be able to run 13.1 miles (not in a race, just on my own).
If these two things are in my top three priorities (next to family) all year, I will consider myself successful!  I think 2014 is going to be a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment