Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another biology expert

I was going to write about yesterday and talk about what a hard day it was, but I really just want to forget about it.  Coldplay reminded me last night that, "Nobody said it was easy...". I haven't been able to get that line out of my head all day!
Tuesdays always seem to be better around here regardless of  how pregnant I was, how much we have to do, or how old the newborn is (12 days if you're counting!).  We had a great day of school.  Everyone except Baxter got to cut with scissors (always a treat!), Ford worked on place value and letters, Ruby built and wrote some letters with her Tinkerbell markers, Rachel did great on her math test, did some reading, learned more about animals, wrote and learned about "Look before you leap", and practiced some violin.  Everyone ate their lunch without whining and rested or napped (Baxter took a record breaking 3 hour nap!).  My aunt came for a short visit.  Allen was able to come home for a little while, so we took a family walk (Rachel was anxious for him to see Baxter ride in his new stroller).  Then, when Allen had to leave, I somehow miraculously managed to feed and bathe all four kids and because they had such a great day, we watched a movie together.  Now 3 out of 4 kids are asleep (Ruby has become a night owl).
Oh, and that biology expert?  Well, you may remember that Ruby taught us all that Moms have big ribs.  While I was feeding Baxter and Ford was finishing his dinner, this was our conversation:
Ford:  So, Moms have two squirters on each side of their chests to feed their babies?
Me:  Yep.
Ford:  That's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment