Sunday, June 8, 2014

Let's Do This

5 months old...that would be Baxter. I joked the whole time I was pregnant with him that I lose more weight after every pregnancy so it was okay to gain a lot (and boy did I....gain a lot, that is!). Unfortunately, just saying you're going to lose weight doesn't make it happen. After Rachel was born we literally lived above a gym and I was in an intense competition to get back in shape...oh, yeah, and I walked 2 miles with her every day to Target and back...oh, yeah, and there were no other kids around! After Ford was born, Allen stopped commuting so far and we made sure we each got plenty of time for running when we needed a break...and I signed up for a 5K to run when he was 4 months old. After Ruby was born I joined Weight Watchers with a small group at our church and my mom paid so that we'd have enough people...I wanted to get to Lifetime ASAP so she wouldn't have to pay for so long!!!...and we had moved into town, so I would put Ford and Rachel in a double stroller and Ruby in the backpack and walk about three-quarters of a mile uphill into town and then downhill back...I also had a steady early morning running date with my buddy, Gail...lots of running in the dark! With Baxter the world has been crazy ... Finally started to find my running feet again and then our house sold and it was just survival mode of getting everything packed up and out of there. Then I said, "June 1st I'm going to start running again !" Too bad I got a dose of the stomach bug the night of May 31. So on June 2, I ran a mile . On June 3, I ran a 10 minute mile. On June 4, the treadmill wouldn't work. Yes, I could run outside but the easiest way to run right now is during nap time in the basement on the treadmill...guaranteed 10-15 min to myself! So, Allen fixed the treadmill yesterday and I ran 2 miles. It was awesome! So I ran 2 more today...even better! Now I'm ready for a goal so I'll keep it up. I love running, but I love it more when I have a reachable attainable goal to work towards. Here's the goal :

13 and 30

13 miles and 30 pounds

My New Year's resolution was to run a half marathon distance. I looked at the calendar today and gave myself 6 months to train so that I can run 13 miles at the beach the Saturday after Thanksgiving. For some reason November is a great running month for me! That also means if I can lose 5 pounds a month between now and then I will have lost 30 pounds and I'll be below my Lifetime goal and only 7 pounds from my lowest recorded weight as an adult. This is totally possible, not a bit ridiculous, and I'm ready to start!! So, let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment