Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Friends of Ingram School

While it's summer and we're calm and "relaxed" (ha!) I just want to take a minute to thank all of our friends for being our friends.  There are so many people in our lives who are supportive of our decision to homeschool and are excited for us to officially start this journey.  I can't tell you how many people offer us things to help out or tell us how proud they are of us for doing this.  We also have so many friends who allow us to come to their houses and tear the place up and still invite us back for more (let's face it Ingram School recess can get wild!).  Then add on to that the people who help teach our children and love our children and set good examples for our children and we have an amazing network of people who enrich the lives of our family.  I can gripe and complain and whine and question and wonder about lots of people in my life, but when it comes down to it, I usually say what I need to say, move on, and realize that I truly do appreciate what we have in our lives.  My mother is always willing to provide "Baba School" for Ruby and/or Ford when Rachel has violin lessons.  Lisa is always willing to tailor art classes to what our kids need as well as countless other projects and gifts that she knows will be useful and educational.  Dr. Ed always takes care of our medical needs no matter what time of the day.  Amanda lends books for Rachel to use to practice reading as well as gives numerous lessons on sharing :) and lots of love. Vanessa offers art and Spanish exposure to our children and a place for Ford to practice sharing trains!  Kristin brings Wyatt to play with us on Fridays which has really shown our kids how much they are looking forward to another little Ingram running around.  Liz loves our children unconditionally and always keeps us in the know on what extra-curricular possibilities are out there.  Matthew and Victoria always provide a fun time for our kids and truly top the list when it comes to Most Fun Aunt and Uncle in the World!  This list of people is also a list of people who I know would drop anything they're doing if we needed help or if we had an emergency.  One effect of homeschooling is that our kids don't easily trust adults and to some people that's weird, but I'm pretty glad that they won't walk off with just anybody.  I can truly say that our kids would be willing to go with anybody I've mentioned here (along with Grandpa, too, who I should say would bankroll any project, field trip, or meal Ingram School needs) and they would feel safe and cared for.  I know there are lots of other people who would help us and take care of our kids or do things we ask, but this is our core group of people that I can always count on and for that I am truly grateful.  Allen and I don't like to lean on people or ask for help very often, but when we do it's usually one of these people or their spouses who support us, too.  We couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment