Thursday, July 4, 2013

What a Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday was a roller coaster around here!  The day started out raining AGAIN!  Allen drove Rachel by the tennis courts to show her that there would be no tennis (she thought it would be possible that there wouldn't be any rain there even though it was raining at our house :).  Ruby insisted on riding, too, so while they were gone, I cuddled with sweet Ford who woke up with a high fever at 5 yesterday morning.  He fell asleep on my bed and I had this weird quiet time at home to get a few things done.  Then when the girls got back with Papa, I had to get ready to go to my first prenatal appointment.  While I was gone, Allen realized that Rachel had a fever, too.  She and Ford fell asleep on our bed and Ruby actually fell asleep on the table eating lunch!  I came home to find everyone asleep at 11:30!!!  Crazy!  So, Allen woke up and went to work and slowly, but surely everyone woke up here.  I had stopped by the library on my way home from my appointment and gotten a few DVDs.  Ford was excited to watch the Thomas one, but then he didn't care about watching anything else.  The girls were excited to watch the Madeline one but didn't like the drama toward the end, so we cut it off.  Then Ford fell asleep again and the girls watched Charlie Brown's Christmas (it was truly Christmas in July around here...you take what you can get at the library!).  Poor Ruby was so bored with all of the laying around so she was not behaving very well.  I tried to do puzzles and things with her while Rachel and Ford rested but it just wasn't the same.  Anyway, after a very long day of doing nothing while it rained outside and a good night's sleep, everyone seems to be doing better today.  There are still lingering fevers, but we were able to get up and do some 4th of July arts and crafts (while it rained outside!) and Ford and Rachel learned how to draw stars (I thought it would be much more difficult for them, but they are pros!).  We even made some track for Thomas and James and read some Fairy books.  Life is getting back to normal.
Oh, and did I mention that Ford is most likely getting a little brother???  Barbara's professional opinion was that either we have a boy or we're going to have a girl with three knees :)  She can't "officially" say it's a boy until the 18-20 week ultrasound, though, so we'll make it official in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment