Thursday, June 27, 2013

Give me a break, it's summer

I just need to face it that I'm not going to blog every day in the summer.  I think mainly because there's really not much to say.  We play, we read, we do lots of arts and crafts, we play music, we go to the library, we go to the park, we go for walks, we dig in the sandbox, we go to tennis and violin, it's just wash, rinse, and repeat.  So, to keep from boring my three faithful readers, I'm going to try to just post when we do something out of the ordinary.  We definitely had an out of the ordinary day today, even though, it was just good plain fun!  Sweet Webb and Amanda came to play with us and between those four kids we tore this house up!!  They had a blast, though.  I always know Ford's had a good time when he talks for the rest of the day about how his best friend is whoever we just played with.  So, right now, Webb is Ford's best friend!  Ruby and Webb always have a great time...they both love being stubborn and doing what they want to do, that's what 2 year olds are good at.  Unfortunately Rachel is beyond toddler play and was bored most of the time and sat around listening to all of the things Amanda and I were talking about.  She and I had a long talk about an important life skill is to find something to do to keep yourself entertained if you don't want to do what everybody else is doing.  This afternoon she and I made a basket of things she can do all by herself that she enjoys doing and she stashed it in her closet.  Now she can go in her closet by herself and do those things if she wants to be alone or she can pull that basket out at nap time/rest time when she gets bored.  I'm sure after a week or so we'll have to rotate some of the contents, but this ought to work for a little while.  The craziest part of today is that NO ONE took a nap!!!  Ruby was just not going to do it, so we went on several errands including the library where they picked up a show to watch and are enjoying that right now since they were actually really good this afternoon.  As soon as it's over, it's off to bed for us!!  It's hysterical that Ruby picked out a Blue's Clues at the library.  I didn't think Rachel would want to watch it because it's a little young for her, but since it was about Blue's new Baby Brother she was excited to watch.  I see lots of drooping eyelids, so I'm hoping it will be an easy bed time tonight, but we'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment