Thursday, June 20, 2013

Small things that show big gains

Today Rachel picked up one of her fairy books (these are chapter books for ages 8-9 or so) and was able to read several sentences on her own without any help!  Also today, I gave her notes to play on the piano to "You Are My Sunshine" including a D-sharp and a G with her left hand.  She mastered it in minutes.

Today I caught Ford sitting at the table beside his big Thomas book and looking at the book to write out "THOMAS" because he wanted to know how to spell Thomas.  Yesterday he sat at the table by himself and told me he was going to write every number he knew.  Sure enough, he wrote 1-20 on a piece of paper.

Today Ruby told me her belly hurt and I asked her if she needed to potty.  She said yes, we went straight to the bathroom and she pooped on the potty.  Then, after putting her down for a nap, she ran into the living room and said, "I need to go pee pee!" and she really did.

Seriously, in my world these are HUGE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment