Sunday, September 14, 2014

Some of the crazy stuff we've been doing

The kids have really been wanting to go to an apple orchard to pick apples like Fancy Nancy does in Apples Galore so we found an orchard a couple of towns over and got 9 pounds of apples.  We made baked apples and apple cinnamon oatmeal and will have lots of apple slices.  Our expectations were a little high so I think they were disappointed that there wasn't Apple cider to drink or homemade applesauce to taste, but they had a good time and the apples are delicious!
For our fun Friday activity this week I made a map of our downtown and we walked around identifying 6 places on the map. I made them tell me if we were going N,S,E, orW.  They did a pretty good job and were able to figure out each spot on the map ending at the candy store. I gave them their allowance and was proud of them for just spending a little and bringing back some change for their banks!
And, I just had to share this picture of Ruby.  It's rare that I get a picture of her not posing and especially rare that I catch her being so calm and focused by herself.  She has always loved to sit and look at books, though, and I love that!  She looked up at me while "reading" this version of Jack and the Beanstalk and said, "Mama, they didn't throw the seeds out on the ground in this story!"  Talk about paying attention to details!!

No comments:

Post a Comment