Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to our old stomping grounds

We had another practice Morning Meeting today and it was just hysterical to me how much Ford and Ruby just want to tell me all about their lives as if I haven't been there for each and every story they share...so cute!

Rachel did a fabulous job reviewing the names of the months, adding 0, and the unit bars for math.  She also read a Biscuit book without any trouble at all.

We decided to go to the library this morning and check out some books.  We also wanted to say hi to Mr. Jason and everyone else since we haven't been to the library in TWO WEEKS!  I can't really believe that it's been so long since we've been to the library.  Seriously, there are weeks where we've gone every.single.day.  Story time starts back up next week and we were talking to Jason about whether Rachel might feel too old for it now.  He, of course, said she was welcome to be there and participate, but he might also have some things for her to do (I say put her to work!) or this might be a good time for her to read some books on her own or get some of her school work done.  We'll see how it goes.  We spent a long time hanging out at the library checking out the new arrangement which is going to make finding books a lot easier and ordering some things we're hoping to read soon.

We are now filling a little time with everyone in charge of entertaining themselves for 20 minutes!!!  You wouldn't believe how hard that is for them!!!  No one was going to sleep at nap time, so I decided not to fight it any more since we have to be at violin soon and I'd rather them not nap then wake them up and take grumpy people to Rachel's lesson!  I can't wait for the Fall session of violin to start and Rachel's lesson to be moved to 3:30 so that we don't have to stress about nap time!

With Fall starting, we wanted Ford to have some sort of activity that he's excited about.  I'm ready for him to branch out and make some friends and learn from some other adults.  He got a soccer ball at the beach and was pretty intent that he was going to play soccer, so we've signed him up for what's called the Instructional League meaning it's just instruction and no games.  I thought this would be a good way to see if he actually likes soccer without too much stress.  Plus, it will give us an activity to do on evenings when Allen is teaching one of his college classes.  The girls can play at the park while Ford does soccer and he'll see that we're there but not hovering.  He's excited for Rachel to watch him since he spent all summer watching her do tennis!

Life is slowly getting back to a routine and it feels good.  We even saw some red leaves outside today.  I get excited when I think about Fall.  It's by far my favorite time of year.  I'm thankful to have so much energy so I can enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment