Monday, October 21, 2013

Lots of work

Rachel and I accomplished a LOT of work today!  We started South America and she pointed out to me that the Equator runs through it (so proud!).  She read a Bob book to me and made sure I saw that it was for First Graders!  We made a KWL chart about rain forests and looked at a rain forest book together.  She wrote and illustrated a story all by herself about three tree frogs who are playing ball outside and have to come in when a storm comes.  She did a math review and made me a little nervous that we're going too quickly through addition.  Some days she remembers the facts and some days she looks at me like she's never seen math before!!  We read "The Bremen Town Musicians"...another crazy Grimm Brothers story.  Ford and Ruby were able to answer all of my questions...Rachel was exhausted by this point!!  All of us made Jack-O-Lanterns out of craft bags and hung them up like stockings over the fireplace.  Ford finished his capital letters today and was so proud of himself!  Ruby emptied out the puzzle basket and was able to put all the puzzles back together.  We played outside for awhile after np time and the ate dinner.  Rachel and I went to Daisy Scouts and then to bed.  It's been a busy day but it feels good to get so much done and have fun doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment