Thursday, December 12, 2013

What I need to be learning/remembering...

Rachel has learned about the Native Americans, subtraction, and magnetism.
 Ford is a triangle pro and is into spelling words with magnets on the refrigerator.
Ruby has been working hard in a princess book she got fr her birthday with stickers and mazes and fun activities as well as coloring lots of art work she got for her birthday.
Baxter is learning how to breathe on hs own.
Now it's my turn to re-learn and remember what I need to be doing to get ready for a newborn.  I also am going to have to teach myself some new things.  Here's the list I came up with today of things I haven't put any energy any to thinking about yet, but better get on it!:
-keeping track of eating, peeing, and pooping...they ask you at every check up how often they do all three and in the past I've actually kept track in a notebook so that I had my answers ready!
-using cloth diapers (!). I think my plan is to use the generously loaned out cloth diapers during the day at home and stick to disposables at night and while we're out.  Probably should start thinking about a system for keeping those suckers clean!  This is wher Baxter's excellent godmother, Amanda, is going to have to give me some lessons!
-how to schedule homeschooling, art classes, tennis, violin, soccer, and, oh, each, a NEWBORN!  Good thing I've got the bucket car seat already installed for Baxtie (Ruby's latest nickname) to ride around in and two nursing covers!
-Keeping the house clean so that somebody will buy it, and packing up and moving if it sells...what a great problem to be faced with at this point!
-having patience
-getting my running legs back!!!  I just can't even wait for blisters and salty shirts and layering up on Saturday mornings!  My body has taken a beating this time around, so I think the return to running will be slow, but I'll get there!!  Gotta get that iPod ready to go!!

My bag is packed, the car seat is in, we have cute Baby Boy candy, Christmas shopping tat had to be done without kids around is finished.  Ready or not Baxter ought to be here peeing and pooping and crying and sleeping and cuddling and cooing in 3 weeks or so!  I can't believe it's finally here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment