Friday, December 20, 2013

Winter Break!

The first half of homeschooling Kindergarten is over!  We ended our "semester" today with a subtraction test, the final page of the 1st grade handwriting book, writing a Christmas story (in which Santa's countdown machine broke), and a totem pole to represent our family.  Rachel has really learned a lot since our official start in August.  I know there are things we need to go back and review (like addition facts and lowercase r), but I'm proud of us for making it this far!!  I hope we can keep up the momentum once Baxter is here and Allen goes back to work and we have to start schooling in our new normal.  She can be very focused when she wants to be and very distracted, too, so it will be a challenge!  My goal for myself is to stay on top of the planning and come up with more engaging activities for Ruby and Ford while Rachel really needs to concentrate!
Now bring on the season of holiday cheer!  We are ready for our Christmas Eve service, Sana's visit, and a new year with a new baby.  I'll keep you posted on Baxter's arrival, but other than that, I doubt there will be much blogging over the next two weeks!
Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!  Season's Greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment