Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day of Appointments

We had a quick little session of school time this morning before our day of crazy began.  Allen, Ford, and Rachel all had cleanings at the dentist this morning.  We live close enough to the dentist that Ruby and I decided to walk down and join them so she could get a glimpse of what it would be like when her turn comes up in the spring.  It was a great day for a walk!!!  Those appointments started at 8:30 and we were home a little after 10.  Everyone (even Ruby) came home with a new toothbrush and great teeth!  Once everyone got settled, I took off for a check up with my midwife to see how Baby Baxter is doing.  His heartbeat was great, he's measuring on the big side, and all was well.  Next month I go for the hour long glucose test and then I start checking in every two weeks!  Time is starting to fly by.  After leaving my appointment I got to go out to lunch with Lisa to talk about Daisy Scouts.  I have no idea when I last went out to lunch with another adult and no kids.  That time flew by faster than anything else!!!  I got home right at the end of nap time and the big kids were already up and playing in the yard with Allen.  We played some more and hung out in the awesome weather and then came in for dinner.  After dinner Allen was off to teach a night course and the rest of us headed to the soccer field.  Dr. Ed and Ms. Lisa came to watch Ford play soccer and he was so excited!  He gets so nervous and anxious at the end when they do a scrimmage, but he told me he'd stay in soccer "for the snacks" even if he had to play the games!  The boy loves those Doritos and Capri Suns at the end!!!  I got everyone home and bathed and teeth brushed with their new fancy toothbrushes, read stories, said prayers, sang songs, and now everyone is sleeping soundly.  It was a busy day but they had a blast being able to spend so much time with their Papa!!
Now wish us luck with Ford's shots tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment