Friday, September 6, 2013

TGIF

I feel like yesterday's post was complaining, but really it was more venting.  Today was an awesome day with great weather!
When I taught public school, I used Friday as a day for me to check that the kids had paid attention all week, to help the kids who had been out to catch up, and to give me a chance to finalize the week before leaving it all behind for the weekend.  Fridays were the best!  I feel like here at home our kids are still so young that there's no reason to spend all day every day doing school work just to say we did school work, so as long as we're caught up with what I want to accomplish for the week (or realize we may need to re-group for next week), I want Friday to be a quick review or assessment with some good old play time!  So today we did just that.  Ford and Rachel each did math and handwriting then Rachel did some reading.  We proceeded from there to playing in the yard, playing in the playroom, and having a dance party in the living room.  It was a nice stress reliever for all of us.  Kristin and Wyatt came to play for the rest of the morning. After nap time we went back outside and played some soccer and dug in the dirt.  Vanessa and the boys stopped by to play and Sherri and Ryan came out to play.  It was a fun afternoon.
Now if I could just get Ruby to go to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment