Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Giving the Answers

Today we continued with our All About Me books.  We did two more pages.  On the first page we listed the days of the week and wrote down what we do on those days.  Rachel flew through that section,  I had to help Ford remember some of the days, and I just wrote it out for Ruby.  (I did ask her what she does while Rachel is at her violin lesson and she said, "Baba Class" which is hysterical!)  The second page was to list their friends.  Ruby had no trouble telling me who her friends are including a few cats and dogs and adults.  Ford made a long list but he forgot one or two of his best friends, so I gave him a little prompting.  Rachel started listing people she hardly knows but then came around to put who I consider to be her friends.  I didn't want to give them the answers to any of the pages we've done, but I do want it to accurately reflect who they are right now and what they do.  It's funny to hear what they will say when I ask them some of these questions.  For example, they all three separately said their favorite food was macaroni.  I honestly don't know the last time we ate macaroni!  I made sure to have them work today by themselves so they didn't have the exact same list of friends (we've got some major copycats around here!).  Obviously, their lists were pretty similar, but I liked how they chose some different people (and animals!).  We will finish up our books tomorrow and we can't wait to share them and put them somewhere safe to look at again in a few months and years.  This has really been a fun activity.  We were fortunate enough today to be distracted by a HUGE backhoe in our front yard that kept everyone entertained while I worked with one kid at a time.  Too bad we don't always have a good distraction like that available!

No comments:

Post a Comment