Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to keep your kids from wanting coffee

Today was TASTE day.  We drew pictures of our tongues and put the different types of taste buds on them.  I got out some coffee filters and put lemon slices for sour, salt for salty, and sugar for sweet in them.  Bitter is a hard one and a few days ago I had asked Allen what he thought I should have them taste for bitter.  He said coffee grounds.  I thought that sounded disgusting, but I couldn't come up with anything better, so one filter had coffee in it.  I had them try the coffee first so we could get it over with.  They completely understood bitter and have all mentioned several times today that they don't ever want to drink coffee and keep asking me over and over if I really like coffee and how do I drink it??  It's pretty funny!  They like sticking their finger in the salt to taste it because it reminded them of pretzels.  Then I had them lick the lemon slice for sour which they actually didn't mind too much.  Then I took the slices and dipped them in the sugar and they thought that was the most delicious thing they'd ever eaten.  Seriously, I might start buying lemons and dipping them in sugar for a snack!  They must have eaten and licked and dipped for 20 minutes with one lemon slice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment