Saturday, March 16, 2013

Homemade just tastes better

Okay, due to popular demand (or at least a request from Vanessa :) I am going to put more recipes on here for our favorite things to make at the Ingram house.
When time allows and I have the right ingredients on hand, I love to make my own pizza dough.  I seriously could eat the dough by itself and not put anything else on it.  seriously.
So, here it is, the recipe I use for Pizza Dough which I found by googling homemade pizza dough a long time ago and I think I've changed it a little, but not a lot:

Ingredients:
2 1/4 tsp yeast (or one package)
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP olive oil
3 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour

1.  Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in hot water, let sit for 10 minutes.
2.  Stir in the salt and oil.
3.  Mix in 2 cups of flour.
4.  Knead in the rest of the flour little by little until it's no longer sticky (about 1/3 cup at a time).
5.  Place in a well-oiled bowl, cover with a cloth, and let it rise for 1 hour.
6.  Bake it at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes (you can stretch it out on a cookie sheet or see below**)
7.  Then I add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings and put bake in the oven until the cheese melts.

**My Kid-Friendly version:
Same ingredients, same process, but instead of making "crust", I grease up two muffin tins, and then put a little chunk in each muffin space (no more than halfway up), bake the dough, then add a little bit of toppings, then put back in to melt the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment