Monday, March 11, 2013

Saving Daylight

The whole Ingram family caught up on their sleep this weekend with some amazing naps, but now it's back to business as usual.  In other words, Ford and Rachel are playing instead of napping while I type this.  Ruby fell asleep at about 2:00 instead of 1:00 most likely because everyone slept until 7:30 this morning.  It will definitely take us a little while to adjust to the time change.  Secretly, I don't really mind when the big kids don't nap because it means bedtime will go a little easier, but I do miss quiet time during the day.  They are being kind enough to play well together, though, so we're all practicing a little compromise today!
We started talking about teeth this morning in preparation for our trip to the dentist on Wednesday.  Ford wrote the word tooth on one side of a piece of paper and then wrote teeth on the other side.  He and Rachel and I talked about how to change from one word to the other and the sounds the letters make.  Rachel finished up some L words that she never got to last week and then she did her math.  We read a few books out loud and Rachel even read most of Fancy Nancy:  Too Loose Tooth by herself.  She and Ford are both so ready to find out what happens and what it feels like when your teeth get loose and fall out.  I'm not sure I'm ready for all of that yet!!  Vanessa and the boys came up for lunch and played for a little while.  I finally got around to making egg salad at Rachel's request and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.  We are going to music class this afternoon and hoping that Allen will be able to join us today so that I have a little back up for these crazy kids and their antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment