Friday, March 15, 2013

Pizza Night!!

It's Friday which is crazy.  This week has flown by thanks to Allen's mini-vacation and our list of crazy things we've gotten into this week.  We had a great playdate this morning with Kristin and Wyatt.  We were also joined by Vanessa and the boys and then had a surprise guest appearance by Mandy who was out for a run.  I love having friends feel comfortable at our house.  I'm thankful that the weather is warming up so we can play outside more because it is becoming a little cramped in our space.  I'm so ready to sell this house so we can make a space of our own that lends itself better to playing and enjoying each other's company instead of being right up on top of each other, but it is what it is and everyone seems to have fun.
Rachel and I did a quick review of +1 addition this morning and she did great.  She also performed on her violin for Ms. Kristin as a birthday present.  We decorated the playroom with streamers and a banner and made cookies to help Kristin celebrate and I think that's what got everybody wound up, but it was fun.
Tonight we will have pizza night at the Hollifields and Amanda and Webb are going to come, too, and possibly Kristin and Wyatt as well.  I love our circle of friends and I love being surrounded by other people who put their children first and want what's best for their children.  I think being a parent has really made me appreciate my friends more and be closer to my friends who have the same values and ideals as Allen and I do.  Life changes a lot and people come and go, but I feel like we have a strong bond with our tight-knit little group and have lifelong friends for our children and that is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment