Thursday, March 28, 2013

I love my children

You know what makes me proud of my children?  Being able to leave our house at 9:30 in the morning and head to a town 30 minutes away and not returning until 1:00 and not having one.single.argument!  Seriously!!  I can't even believe it.  We made it through Target with only one small incident (a spilled bag of gummy bears...surprise! Ruby was touching things.) and through Costco with no incidents at all.  Not one complaint, not one whine, not one scream, not one "I'm ready to go home." These kids can be so incredibly awesome and I just love being able to spend time with them.  We had some Easter things to get, some snacks to get for our Easter Egg hunt, and, of course, wipes, because who goes to Costco with small kids without getting a box of wipes?!?! (or diapers or toilet paper...whichever one has the coupon this month!)  We had to renew our Costco membership, so we stood in line for just a little while, then we went and did our shopping and everyone was just so well behaved!  There weren't too many samples today, but they ones they had were Ingram Crowd Pleasers....ham sandwiches, yogurt, Sister Schubert rolls :) and Coconut Water.  I'm not going to lie, the Coconut Water was nasty, but boy did the girls love it!!  Then after we had checked out, we got hot dogs and pink lemonades instead of smoothies today.  Those kids ate and drank every last bite and drop!!!  We had a picnic in the car while I filled up the car with gas.  I know I sound like a Costco spokesperson, but the gas alone saves us the money for our membership every year!  On the way home, Rachel and Ford finished their lunches and Ruby took a little cat nap.  They were so good that I'm letting them watch a quick little show now before we head out for art and violin.  Little do they know, I secretly like that it keeps them awake so that they'll go to bed a little early tonight :)  I mean, let's face it, tonight is my birthday eve and I'm prepared to get a full night's sleep to rest up for my birthday!!!!  It will be a wild day tomorrow with 8 kids five and under hunting 650 eggs in our backyard!!!
We were able to sneak in a little work time this morning before we left.  Rachel did some skip counting dot-to-dots and Ford practiced writing his numbers.  He wanted to write 0-11 and he did an awesome job!!  Ruby did lots of coloring and puzzles while Rachel and Ford did some handwriting and cutting.  We had a full-blown arts and crafts table for a while and honestly, didn't end up with any finished products, but they had a ton of fun just drawing and cutting and drawing and cutting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment