Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2 Hour Delay and Potty Time

Allen had a two-hour delay this morning (you know, don't want to have accidents in all that wintry weather out there!)  That meant that we got to take our time this morning and ease our way through our school work and playing and balance everything a little easier.  I got to take a long shower (!) and not feel rushed to throw on some clothes.  We would have even eaten a little later if we had noticed the delay before breakfast.  Oh, well.  Papa and the kids built their Fort back while I got ready and had some great time playing together.  Ruby started out the day with a poop in her Pull-Up, so she didn't get a sticker on her chart today for that, but the day started looking up when she made it through story time at the library without any accidents and even used the potty at the library!  Then, she had an accident at nap time, so it has been a roller coaster potty day...
We all wrote F words today for handwriting (I think I had a few extra hits on the blog yesterday since this week is F word week...no telling what people will Google!).  Ford wrote FACE without any help.  Rachel wrote FACE, face, FEBRUARY, and February.  Ruby actually traced an upper case F and there were three for real lines!!!  We did a lot of reading this morning.  Rachel even read lots of words out of The Foot Book and Green Eggs and Ham.  Ford read his Thomas books and Ruby chose to hear the funny books we found yesterday about Frog on a Log, Fox in a Box, and Goose on the Loose.  Rachel did a quick math review while we read some more books.  After Allen left for school, we got everyone ready and headed to the library for story time.  I was hoping they didn't cancel since there was a 2 hour delay for the schools and they didn't disappoint.  Miss Dare read a couple of books about birds and then we colored birds and pasted feathers on them.  We got home for lunch and played a little before nap time.  During nap time I caught up on the Biggest Loser (I have to skip through lots of parts if I watch it at nap time, but I got most of the story line).  Then Rachel got up to practice her violin and Ruby woke up soon after.  They are listening to Rachel's Violin CD right now while I type this and I will go wake up Ford soon so that he will go back to sleep tonight!  I think since it's such a yucky day outside, I'll let them watch a quick show (we've been doing a great job of not watching anything for the last few days) and then we're going to make Faces.  I've taken several pictures of F activities that I hope to figure out how to get from our camera to the blog soon (gotta find that cord!).

1 comment: