Friday, February 22, 2013

Who are these people?

Fridays...we have a love/hate relationship.  I love that Friday means the end of a week and Allen will be home with us for the weekend.  I love that Friday means one of my good friends bring her son over to play.  I hate that something about other people in our house makes my kids act like aliens have invaded their bodies!
Just to give you one example of what I'm talking about, we usually have a snack during our playdate time on Fridays, so today I pulled out the rest of the huge bag of animal crackers we've been snacking on all week.  Everyone got a bowl and even went to the table to eat.  I was shocked that they didn't want to just throw the crackers all over the house while playing like crazy people and attempting to eat at the same time.  We had a lovely time all sitting at the table and sharing stories.  Then our sweet little one year old guest wanted me to come with him to the playroom. Then slowly, one at a time, the crazy people started descending from their chairs and into the playroom with us.  I should have known that once we were all in the playroom and Rachel and Ford left, we were in for trouble.  Unfortunately, I had left the large bag with just crumbs on the table in the other room.  Ford proceeded to turn that into "chicken feed" and feed the chickens in the living room.  Literally, he just started throwing crumbs around like he was feeding the chickens.  Okay, so that's irritating, I'll be there in a minute to clean it up.  I ask him and Rachel to start picking the pieces up off the floor.  Before I can get in there, Rachel has decided to take one of the little frying pans from the play kitchen and smash all of the bits into the floor.  Seriously?!?!  I mean, what is the fun in that?  Is today Drive Your Mother Crazy Day???  Did someone forget to tell them that our house is on the market?  No, I'm sure I remind them of that every 30 minutes with things like, "Don't smear your peanut butter on the windows!" and "Why are you wiping your nose on the couch???"  I guess feeding the chickens is more important than selling our house or even, Heaven forbid, keeping it clean!  Oh, right, WE DON'T HAVE CHICKENS!!!!  You know, as I type this, though, I'm not nearly as irritated any more, but I just don't get it why they make such bad decisions when other people have my attention for more than 20 seconds.  It's the same way when I'm on the phone or in the drive-through at the bank trying to talk to the teller.  Those are always opportune times to do the dumbest things they can possibly think of!!
The good news is that we made it through school work this morning very efficiently.  I actually have a plan for next week that I can work on this weekend.  Ruby and Rachel filled up their charts completely and Ford only missed two spots for not staying in his bed all night.  I'd say it was a great week over all and I'm glad that it's finally nap time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment