Monday, February 18, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things...

Going on a weekend adventure with three kids means there will be lots of laundry and lots of sleep to catch up on when you return.  Luckily I was able to do a load of laundry before we came home so there was less to catch up on.  Unfortunately, on Saturday night, a group of crazy teenagers turned me into a crazy person who thought I could stay up until 1 AM and sleep only until 5:30 AM and then function the next day!  I think next time I'll switch and sleep instead of trying to get ahead of the game on laundry!!  Allen and I both were in a fog all day yesterday, but now we're home and back to somewhat of a routine.  I had an appointment this morning, though, so our day started out differently.  While I was out, I ran to the grocery store by myself (!) and was able to get groceries for the week.  I'm not sure how to describe how it feels to be alone in a grocery store by myself.  You know, alone, but not really alone.  I ended up with all kinds of good, healthy choices because I could think and I could process information (despite the sleep-deprived fog) and I didn't have to answer questions while debating choices at the same time.  CRAZY!
Back to school, though...When I returned home, I unloaded the groceries, got everyone to the table (with Allen, too :) and got our school work tackled.  Rachel did math while Ford and Ruby worked on forming letters with Allen.  Then Rachel's next handwriting assignment included Mat Man (go to www.hwtears.com if you want to know more about him), so we all made a Mat Man together and talked about body parts.  Rachel finished up her writing and Ford and Ruby picked out some books to read with Allen so that Rachel and I could practice her violin (we were behind on this, too, from this weekend!).  Rachel read a couple of books out loud to me and then everyone helped with some chores and their charts were basically complete.  Rachel added to her chart this week that she wants to try not to bite her fingernails.  So far, so good.  Ruby's chart has been changed to say that she's going to not wear a pull-up while we're at home.  She had one accident at lunch, but it's all little steps, right?  I'm over the potty fight this week.  Maybe I'll tackle it next week?  Maybe not.  Ford's chart includes staying in his own bed all night this week and he's already got one night of that down!  Woo-Hoo!  After doing all our work this morning, we were able to eat lunch with Allen because he didn't have to leave for work until 11:30, so we had an early lunch with all of us here.  After he left and lunch was cleaned up, we returned all of our ski clothing to the Hollifields and played there for a little while with Kingston and Hyland.  Then, we came back for nap time.  While we were getting books and potty breaks and such, the kids found a lady bug and they have decided her name is Stefney and she is their new pet.  I'm not sure how long Stefney will make it, but maybe we should do some ladybug exploring this week while she's here.  I'm behind on planning on a theme for the week, so we will just go with this!  They were all pretending to be animal fairies and take care of her and it was pretty doggone cute.  After nap time, we'll go to music class today and that will pretty much take care of us.  Now it's time to rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment