Friday, February 15, 2013

Long, Snowy Day

At one point today the weather was 62 degrees and sunny and at one point today the weather was 34 degrees and snowing....pretty crazy if you ask me!
We had a great morning of doing some quick grocery shopping, some quick school work (Ford is now able to write Rachel and Ruby!), and some quick packing.  Then we played with our buddy Wyatt and his mom, Kristin.  They are our usual Friday morning playdate buddies and are super fun!  I fed everyone some lunch and got them settled in front of the laptop for a little bit of show watching while I loaded the car and cleaned up (you never know if those people will call and want to see the inside of our house instead of just walking around the yard!).  We dropped off Goldie with Vanessa for the weekend, picked up a cooler full of food for the youth group kids, and got Allen from school.  Luckily Ford and Ruby slept most of the way on our trip and woke up in time to see the mountains coming into view.  The kids were super excited to see "snow clouds" and mountains all around.  After we got settled, we had some dinner, played in the clubhouse, and then got bundled up to catch some snowflakes!  Rachel, Ford, and Ruby were so excited to be standing in snow.  It's supposed to snow all night and all day tomorrow.  I really hope it's a winter wonderland for them while we're on this short vacation.  Allen's youth group comes tomorrow to go skiing and everything will get wild!!  We will probably go into town tomorrow or just adventure around here depending on how treacherous the mountain roads are.  I have stayed up way too late, but have enjoyed some quality time with my dear husband.  Now I need to tiptoe into our room where all three kids are sharing an air mattress...cutest thing I've ever seen...if I wasn't afraid it would wake them up, I'd take a picture.  I guess you can sleep anywhere when you're exhausted.  Any bets on who is still on the air mattress in the morning?  My bet would be only Rachel!
Good night...I think I'm getting delirious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment